September 22, 2009

Boiling Water As A Natural Weed Killer

Want to be able to clear your patio or the kids' play area of weeds without having to use chemicals that are bad for you, your family, and your pets? Here's the answer to your dilemma: Boiling Water.

Yes! It's true! You, too can use just boiling water as a natural weed killer! I finally did my own experiment in my own backyard to see if it would really work. Here is the photographic evidence for yourself:


Before:

This weed was growing in between concrete slabs, making my patio look just tacky. So I just heated up some water in my coffee maker and within a day or two....




After:

It was dead! Notice the greenery beside it in the same crack is also dead! The hot water actually scalds the plant at it's roots. How ingenious is that!? So all that's left is to go out and sweep the patio once the weeds are dead!



Really! That's it! It's the end of the article already! It doesn't get much simpler than hot water!

No comments:

Post a Comment